Thursday, December 4, 2008

Let's get this party started!

So with the new year approaching, I for one cannot be anymore thrilled for this year to be over! I have had a lot of wonderful life changing experiences (such as graduating from college) and a multitude of shit (loosing my first apartment, learning my mom was diagnosed with kidney disease, loosing my credit and rescinding my offer of admission to my first choice graduate school). I have many things to look forward to during the upcoming year and I feel as with every new year, a sense of rebirth. Whatever crap you went  through the previous year, you can count on the new year to bring you something new, whether it be more tribulation or more gratification. I hope for the latter of the two.  With that being said, I have been thinking about what I want from the upcoming year. It's not a full list of resolutions or things that I don't currently do or haven't done in the past....they're just thoughts.

  • Ace my first year in graduate school. Make my mark. Let all know what I'm about.
  • Volunteer my time to do a job I wouldn't get hired to do...to gain the experience. Give back to my community while helping myself move forward.
  • Strengthen my friendships, create new ones and develop a positive networking system.
  • GET A CAR! It is the most annoying thing to live in Miami without a vehicle. I am constantly dependent on others to provide me with transportation, and it's ruining my life. I am not fully self sufficient. I experienced a car accident at a very early age and have extreme anxiety when driving....but this year with the help of meds (and social support), I am going to do it.
  • Get involved in the arts again...I want to choreograph something. It might not be set on dancers, but I want to do it. Hopefully, I can find some audience to present it to...
  • Get in shape...make my body look the way it did when I was 16...of course with some improvements here and there.
  • Read more.
  • Drink more water.
  • Reconcile with God...maybe even going to church.
  • Drop the guilt factor...motivate more of my behavior towards goals that result in improving my situation.
  • Apply the philosophy, "You cum for me, I cum for you".
  • Find love.
  • Get involved in politics.
  • Get published...Get published....Get a publication(s).
  • Get a really fulfilling job...I've been unemployed since July '08. What recession? I've been poor, so this isn't a recession for me, it's been my life for a while.
  • Comedy? Acting?...Auditions? I'll do it for fun.
  • Stop cursing so fucking much.
  • Stop cutting my hair. I don't have to scalp my head to be an attractive black man.

I have a headache so I'm done.

No comments: