Saturday, December 20, 2008

You just can't please people...

Technorati Tags: ,,

You really can't. And I get upset when I see other's wanting our public officials to be perfect. They can't. And no matter what they do, someone will be pissed. Today, a few of my friends were upset about Obama's decision to have Rick Warren preside over his invocation. I'm so over it. Really, there are bigger fish to fry. Obama's the president elect, he can do what he wants. Bill Clinton got his dick sucked. Nixon spied on the other party. Get over it. He can't impress us all and I expect him to screw up. In fact, it makes me like him more if he pisses a few people off. Let me put it this way, if Obama had picked any other Christian pastor or minister or reverend or priest, wouldn't someone have been pissed? I think this is a situation in which I'm apathetic towards because I'm a member of both sides and I know that somewhere along the line, someone will get their balls tied in  knot.

My point is, you can't please everyone. We need to stop with the crybaby bullshit every time someone we like does something we don't agree with...I have too many things that I find more pertinent than who swears in who. Obama is an elected official. He can do what he wants, but his ass is dependent on us for reelection...so with that said, I'm more concerned with what he does in the next 4 years, not who swears him in.

*Peace

1 comment:

LT said...

People will always disapoint. It is in our human nature. And I am tired of hearing all that junk too. Personally, I could care less who is doing the invocation!